Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Store O2 Tanks Upright

So, hopefully I've made it to my NCLEX and I'm doing well (crossing fingers for 75 questions to pass), but while I'm in my own personal version of nursing test hell, here's a caveat for you.

"All cylinders present a physical hazard because the contents are under pressure of 2,000+ pounds per square inch. This high amount of potential energy inside the cylinder makes it a potential rocket or bomb. Bumping, tipping, or falling could damage the cylinder. If the valve were knocked off or if the cylinder ruptures in a fire, it can become a missile that can penetrate concrete walls.  This is why it is important to always keep a cylinder in an upright and secured position."


http://ehs.research.uiowa.edu/compressed-gas-cylinders

No comments:

Post a Comment